Thursday, March 31, 2016

Review: William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope

William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope by Ian Doescher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was brilliant. I've discussed this work several other times on my blog, but I truly feel that the Shakespeare-esque lines really elevated the story of A New Hope. It brought the characters to a deeper and more fleshed out place, which is difficult to do since the characters are already pretty fleshed out in my mind.

The novelty of this book drew me in initially, but there is also some beautiful lines, and that is what kept me reading. Ian Doescher mixed the dialogue of Star Wars with some of the most famous lines from Shakespeare and someone who is well-read will get a chuckled out of this book every time they notice a line from Romeo and Juliet, or Macbeth, or Richard III.

I am looking forward to reading William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment