Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Book Review: Caliban's War, by James S. A. Corey

Caliban's War (The Expanse, #2)Caliban's War by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What I love about James S. A. Corey is the fact that they have created a truly believable look at the future. Every part of this system is grounded in realism. The "world" feels lived in and gritty, the characters flawed and just trying their best to keep war from destroying everyone and everything.

This volume of The Expanse was better than the first in my opinion. I wasn't too keen on the whole missing girl detective piece of Leviathan Wakes. It was still good enough to keep me reading through till the end, but this book seems to be where Corey reaches stride. The action and plot of this book were top notch. Several moments kept me glued to my Kindle, reading more chapters at a time than I would have originally anticipated. The way Corey brings all of the characters together at one point in the book was masterfully done and didn't feel contrived in the least.

This is space opera at its best.

Not to mention the television show is really fun as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment